[tor-project] New Bridge Authority

isis agora lovecruft isis at torproject.org
Thu Aug 4 17:31:26 UTC 2016

isis agora lovecruft transcribed 2.9K bytes:
> Today, I am very excite to take a field trip (!!) to a datacenter (!!!)  with
> some most excellent folks from Greenhost (DrWhax and Sacha!!!).  We will be
> racking a server and installing an OS on it, and getting it ready to be a new
> Bridge Authority to replace Tonga.

So… it actually wasn't to the datacenter, but merely to the darkened basement
server room of the Greenhost offices, which Sacha described as "the nicest
office in the building!"

I've set up the server, bought two new harddisks and configured RAID,
installed an OS on it, and done some preliminary hardening.  The server should
go to the datacenter early next week, and then we can start the transition.
It looks like everything should happen well before the 31 August deadline, so
the apocalypse has been averted and there's little reason to freak out.

Best regards,
--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft