[tor-project] New Bridge Authority

Tom Leckrone semprephi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:09:53 UTC 2016

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 9:05 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, isis agora lovecruft
> <isis at torproject.org> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Today, I am very excite to take a field trip (!!) to a datacenter (!!!)  with
>> some most excellent folks from Greenhost (DrWhax and Sacha!!!).  We will be
>> racking a server and installing an OS on it, and getting it ready to be a new
>> Bridge Authority to replace Tonga.
>>
>> Earlier this week, David Goulet and I got a Bridge Authority up and running in
>> a test network, so perhaps a logical step will be to put the new Bridge Auth
>> into the test network and ensure that it's at least cursorily behaving.
>>
>> The new Bridge Auth needs a name.  Suggestions welcome. :)

Awesome, Isis!

For the sake of continuity, I dug back into some Tongan mythology. I came up with “Savea" or “Laumua"

See http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-TuvAcco-t1-body1-d1.html <http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-TuvAcco-t1-body1-d1.html>:

"36.
Paepule and Suga went to Savea and said 'reconsider your decision and stop the appointments as Suga was absent.' Savea replied that the appointments had been made and that Lealali had departed with his Tumua and Alataua. 'The Tumua and Alataua which I hold I give to you. I will remain here with my title Laumua.' This was done and the incident is known as the division of Faleali’i.”

Cheers!

Tom