[tor-project] New Bridge Authority

Kate ailanthus at riseup.net
Wed Aug 3 14:20:00 UTC 2016

Nick Mathewson:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, isis agora lovecruft
> <isis at torproject.org> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Today, I am very excite to take a field trip (!!) to a datacenter (!!!)  with
>> some most excellent folks from Greenhost (DrWhax and Sacha!!!).  We will be
>> racking a server and installing an OS on it, and getting it ready to be a new
>> Bridge Authority to replace Tonga.
>>
>> Earlier this week, David Goulet and I got a Bridge Authority up and running in
>> a test network, so perhaps a logical step will be to put the new Bridge Auth
>> into the test network and ensure that it's at least cursorily behaving.
>>
>> The new Bridge Auth needs a name.  Suggestions welcome. :)
>

> Whispermaphone
> ConeOfSilence
> TransomWindow
> TapCode
>
> PonteVecchio
> GreatBelt
> Chengyang
> Brooklyn
> StariMost
> SiOSePol
> PonteDiRialto
> GoldenGate
> Rolling
> Arkadiko
> Asbru
> Himinbjorg
> Trollbridge
> SteelAndAir
>
> Causeway
> Arch
> Bowstring
> BoxGirder
> CableStayed
> Cantilever
> CoveredBridge
> Suspension
> Truss
> Counterweight
> Bascule
> Pylon

I love these; also (though obvious):

--Ada
--SojournerTruth (ran Underground Railroad)

Are there other interesting people we could name it after? It's nice
pluck an important person out of obscurity for things like this.

I'd also add that it's inspiring to watch the way the group has
approached solving this problem. Thanks, everyone.

Cheers,

Katie