[tor-project] Measuring Tor's impact in the world?

Paul Syverson paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Apr 29 18:24:49 UTC 2016

Hi Isa,

Roger, David, and I have just concluded the latest Sponsor R meeting.
As Roger and David can tell you, the technical SETA [0] for this
program, Brian Sandberg, has been excited about some related ideas.
In particular he's been writing scripts to develop analysis of
correlation between fraction of Tor usage in countries and ratings
of those countries as free or non-free etc., plus looking
at various events such as you describe.
We were helping him and when some of his numbers looked funny, as a
side benefit this led David earlier this week to uncover and fix some
bugs in metrics.

Anyway, would you be OK if I just forwarded your message to him?
Or if not simply forwarding, could you give me a message you would
be happy for me to forward? (Or tell me if you just aren't sure
what you want shared and so will get back to me about this at
some future date.) If you say OK, I'll cc tor-project on the forward.

aloha,
Paul

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_Engineering_and_Technical_Assistance