[tor-project] Plan to retire Globe

isis isis at torproject.org
Mon Apr 25 12:07:37 UTC 2016

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor transcribed 1.8K bytes:

> > On 25 Apr 2016, at 20:47, isis <isis at torproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > - Why we ever had two of the same thing was always a mystery to me.
>
> Can we redirect globe.torproject.org to atlas.torproject.org?
> Are their search syntaxes similar enough that we can redirect fingerprint searches from Globe to Atlas?
> (Are there any other systems that automatically generate Globe links that we'll have to update?)

We could probably do this without so much effort, yes.  For fingerprints the
redirect would be from e.g.:

https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/A10C4F666D27364036B562823E5830BC448E046A to
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/A10C4F666D27364036B562823E5830BC448E046A

For searches it would be:

https://globe.torproject.org/#/search/query=noether to
https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/noether

However this means we either leave the Globe machine up and configure its
Apache to do that, or we change the DNS for globe.torproject.org to point to
the Atlas machine and tell Atlas' Apache instance to do that.  I'm not sure
which one is preferable?

--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft