[tor-project] Notes from April 7 2016 Vegas team meeting

isis isis at torproject.org
Wed Apr 20 02:48:53 UTC 2016

Alison transcribed 1.5K bytes:
> Isabela:
> > Thanks for the note Karsten!
> >
> > On 04/15/2016 12:16 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> >> 4. Juris, qbi, I and others will soon write the OTF concept note for
> >> Tor relay community capacity building. We've had a series of meetings
> >> with the different relay operators, and with their help and Moritz's
> >> we've got enough material to write the proposal. The objective here is
> >> to give support to relay operators worldwide, and that support
> >> includes legal resources, in-person meetings, and so forth.
> > This is awesome! I have an ex-coworker who runs exit node and asked me
> > questions about ISP etc .. and I ended up asking him to email tor-relays
> > because I didn't know for sure what resources we had for it. Such
> > dedicated resource will be great!
> >

> Awesome! Yeah, general idea of this proposal is "what do relay operators
> need besides specifically technical resources and injections of cash?"
> and based on feedback from them, that seems to be: better ways for them
> to connect to other people in the relay community, comprehensive legal
> resources, a point person to serve as a community manager and help
> facilitate these things, and resources to help convince potential relay
> operators/organizations that this is a very good thing that they should do.
>
> If our concept note gets accepted, we will write the full proposal with
> more feedback from tor-relays, so let your friend know!

FWIW, I very often get personal emails from bridge operators asking for advice
and assistance, which takes up quite a bit of my time.  I would be super
stoked if there were a person who could serve as the general point-of-contact
for this, and I would also be happy to provide them with regular updates on
advice for running bridges and PTs.

--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft