[tor-project] Notes from April 7 2016 Vegas team meeting

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Fri Apr 15 16:02:22 UTC 2016

Isabela:
> Thanks for the note Karsten!
>
> On 04/15/2016 12:16 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> 4. Juris, qbi, I and others will soon write the OTF concept note for
>> Tor relay community capacity building. We've had a series of meetings
>> with the different relay operators, and with their help and Moritz's
>> we've got enough material to write the proposal. The objective here is
>> to give support to relay operators worldwide, and that support
>> includes legal resources, in-person meetings, and so forth.
> This is awesome! I have an ex-coworker who runs exit node and asked me
> questions about ISP etc .. and I ended up asking him to email tor-relays
> because I didn't know for sure what resources we had for it. Such
> dedicated resource will be great!

Awesome! Yeah, general idea of this proposal is "what do relay operators
need besides specifically technical resources and injections of cash?"
and based on feedback from them, that seems to be: better ways for them
to connect to other people in the relay community, comprehensive legal
resources, a point person to serve as a community manager and help
facilitate these things, and resources to help convince potential relay
operators/organizations that this is a very good thing that they should do.

If our concept note gets accepted, we will write the full proposal with
more feedback from tor-relays, so let your friend know!

Alison