[tor-project] Joining the community team

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Wed Apr 6 15:43:02 UTC 2016

Hi all,

As the new community team lead, I'm hoping to revive the group and get
some new members to join. I'm starting by soliciting participation on
this list, though I may also reach out to a few people individually.

One of the things we need to work out collectively is the purpose and
scope of the team, but generally speaking we'll be working on both
internal and external community matters (and defining what is meant by
each), developing training materials, organizing training and public
interest events, helping with the support team and documentation,
gathering user stories, developing internal documents like the social
contract, membership docs, etc. We have a wiki [1] and a soon-to-be
public mailing list (I'm trying to figure out if it's better to delete
old private archives or create a new list. You can join the old list in
the meantime)[2].

We will meet today at 1800 UTC in #tor-project. If you're around and
want to join us to learn more about the team, please do. Otherwise,
community-minded folks can write to me (here or off-list) to talk about
joining.

Thanks,

Alison

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam