[tor-project] Fwd: Fwd: Tor messenger logo

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Sun Nov 1 19:23:36 UTC 2015

Thanks Leiah,

On 11/01/2015 02:14 PM, Leiah Jansen wrote:
> The recreation of this logo was unnecessary. Did whoever was
> looking for hi-res contact the creators of Tor Messenger (Arlo,
> Sukhbir) or any of the lists? I was paid by Tor Project to design
> this logo so I, Arlo, or Sukhbir could have provided original
> files.
>
> What is this hi-res version being used for?

I imagine the scenario was: Cory posted about Tor Messenger to
boingboing.net with a low-res image; Hugh from EFF offered up a
high-res version; Cory posted it on boingboing with the story and
forwarded it to me. I don't know where Cory got his original image,
but thanks for the reminder where he should have looked!

> I don't know what the situation is with copyright on Tor-related
> logos or if they should be made publicly accessible. Does anyone
> have any experience with that for Tor?

We could have a directory (we might even have one already) that
contains medium or high resolution Tor logos, along with the note that
these are trademarks of the Tor Project and should not be used on
non-Tor products or to imply endorsement.

- --Wendy