[tor-packagers] Of potential interest: changes to Tor's LTS policy

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Thu Feb 4 17:12:24 UTC 2021

Hello!

I've been working on a proposed change to Tor's LTS policies. I've run
it by a few people already, and now I've posted it on tor-dev for
broader comment.  If you're not on tor-dev, you can read it at

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2021-February/014515.html

(summary: If we decide to do this, we will still be able to do LTS
releases, but we will backport fewer things to them, and we will make
fewer promises about how well they will work on the network.)

I'm especially interested in feedback from packagers here.

best wishes,
--
Nick