[tor-packagers] Upcoming releases this week, all series, with security fix

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Mon Jul 6 21:29:50 UTC 2020

Hello!

There will be a series of Tor releases later this week -- I'm aiming
for Thursday or Friday.  They will fix a security issue that we are
ranking at "Medium" per our security policy at [1].  The issue is a
denial-of-service attack that affects a comparatively uncommon
configuration.

We are tracking the security issue as TROVE-2020-001. We have
requested a CVE, and will include it when we release on Friday.

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/org/teams/NetworkTeam/SecurityPolicy

--
Nick