[tor-packagers] New stable Tor releases: 0.4.1.8 and 0.4.2.6

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Thu Jan 30 16:10:54 UTC 2020

Hello!

I've just tagged, signed, and uploaded two new stable releases: Tor
0.4.1.8 and Tor 0.4.2.6.  They are available at
https://dist.torproject.org/ . Please be sure to check the signatures!

These releases backport bugfixes from later releases; they should be
mainly of interest to users who are using the Linux seccomp2 sandbox,
or who are running Windows Services (formerly NT services). These
users will probably have been experiencing crashes on startup.  Other
users should be fine with the previous stable releases in these
series.

You can read the changelogs here:
  https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?h=tor-0.4.1.8
  https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?h=tor-0.4.2.6

Please also note that the Tor 0.2.9.x series reached end-of-life on 1
January of this year, and Tor 0.4.0.x is about to be end-of-life (in 3
days from today).  The supported stable series are now 0.3.5.x (LTS),
0.4.1.x, and 0.4.2.x.  For updates on how long they will be supported,
please see https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases
.

I'll post official announcements in a couple of hours.

Many thanks, and happy hacking!
--
Nick