[tor-packagers] Proposal: Removal of unmaintained service files

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Jan 22 21:30:54 UTC 2020

Dear Tor Packagers,

The tor developers are considering removing the following unmaintained
files:

contrib/dist
  * rc.subr - script
  * tor.service.in - systemd service ini file

Do any of your distribution packages use these files?
If you only use one of them, please let us know which one.

We're aware that these files don't work for some users. But we don't
know which changes we should be making to these files, so they work
for most users.

Please open tickets to upstream any changes that you've made for
your distribution:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor
If there are multiple conflicting changes, we'll consult this list to
work out which changes to apply upstream.

For context, see:

teor