[tor-packagers] torbrowser: problems with 9.0.1 source tarball

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Fri Nov 15 19:24:50 UTC 2019

Hi!

I wanted to build firefox-tor-browser-68.2.0esr-9.0-1-build2
(torbrowser 9.0.1) on NetBSD from the source tarball, but I stumbled
over a couple problems.

The first one, .mozconfig contains --disable-eme but configure doesn't like it:

mozbuild.configure.options.InvalidOptionError: --disable-eme is not available in this configuration

Is this a NetBSD-specific issue or more general?

The second one:

--- begin ---
The error occurred while processing the following file:

    /scratch/security/tor-browser/work/firefox-tor-browser-68.2.0esr-9.0-1-build2/browser/extensions/moz.build

The underlying problem is we referenced a path that does not exist. That path is:

    /scratch/security/tor-browser/work/firefox-tor-browser-68.2.0esr-9.0-1-build2/browser/extensions/tor-launcher/moz.build

Either create the file if it needs to exist or do not reference it.

The directory browser/extensions/tor-launcher does not exist in the
tarball, which looks like a problem with the tarball to me.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
 Thomas