[tor-packagers] Tor 0.4.0.5 is released
nickm at torproject.org
Thu May 2 18:30:23 UTC 2019
Hi! We have a new stable release series. You can find it in the
usual place on https://dist.torproject.org/
Note that this is not an LTS release -- if you need a series that will
get patches for a long time, stick with 0.3.5.x.
Changes in version 0.4.0.5 - 2019-05-02
This is the first stable release in the 0.4.0.x series. It contains
improvements for power management and bootstrap reporting, as well as
preliminary backend support for circuit padding to prevent some kinds
of traffic analysis. It also continues our work in refactoring Tor for
Per our support policy, we will support the 0.4.0.x series for nine
months, or until three months after the release of a stable 0.4.1.x:
whichever is longer. If you need longer-term support, please stick
with 0.3.5.x, which will we plan to support until Feb 2022.
Below are the changes since 0.4.0.4-rc. For a complete list of changes
since 0.3.5.7, see the ReleaseNotes file.
o Minor features (continuous integration):
- In Travis, tell timelimit to use stem's backtrace signals, and
launch python directly from timelimit, so python receives the
signals from timelimit, rather than make. Closes ticket 30117.
o Minor features (diagnostic):
- Add more diagnostic log messages in an attempt to solve the issue
of NUL bytes appearing in a microdescriptor cache. Related to
o Minor features (testing):
- Use the approx_time() function when setting the "Expires" header
in directory replies, to make them more testable. Needed for
o Minor bugfixes (rust):
- Abort on panic in all build profiles, instead of potentially
unwinding into C code. Fixes bug 27199; bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (shellcheck):
- Look for scripts in their correct locations during "make
shellcheck". Previously we had looked in the wrong place during
out-of-tree builds. Fixes bug 30263; bugfix on 0.4.0.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Check the time in the "Expires" header using approx_time(). Fixes
bug 30001; bugfix on 0.4.0.4-rc.
o Minor bugfixes (UI):
- Lower log level of unlink() errors during bootstrap. Fixes bug
29930; bugfix on 0.4.0.1-alpha.
More information about the tor-packagers