[tor-packagers] Tor 0.4.0.1-alpha is released!

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Fri Jan 18 15:07:08 UTC 2019

Hi!

We've got a new dev release: Tor 0.4.0.1-alpha. It's in
feature-freeze, and it needs testing.  The code is now available at
https://dist.torproject.org/ -- I'll send out the official
announcements once the download page has updated.

You can read the changelog online at
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?h=tor-0.4.0.1-alpha

A note: for the new padding backend, we now include some code that
implements different statistical distributions.  That code needs
stochastic tests -- and stochastic tests have a false positive rate.
This means that right now, the "test-slow" test suite will fail about
1 time in 300 with a message saying that some stochastic test has
failed.  I realize that this is inconvenient, especially if you're
running a bunch of builds: We're going to try to lower the observed
false positive rate for these tests between now and 0.4.0.2-alpha.

happy hacking,
--
Nick