[tor-packagers] Tor 0.3.3.11, 0.3.4.10, and 0.3.5.7 (!) are released!

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Mon Jan 7 21:54:33 UTC 2019

Hi!

I've uploaded new releases to https://dist.torproject.org.  Please
check the signatures. (Unless you think that the internet is a nice
safe place. But if you think that, why are you packaging Tor?)

These releases are important for servers and less so for clients,
though if you are packaging for an environment that packages OpenSSL
1.1.x, you should really upgrade: there's a fix here to make TLS 1.3
actually work and not crash when you run openssl 1.1.1a.

===

This is the first stable release for Tor 0.3.5.7.  We think it's
great, though if you're set on 0.3.4.x, I can't blame you  if you take
a little while to change over.  Don't wait too long though: 0.3.4.x is
only supported till June 10.

By the way, if you don't like releases becoming "unsupported" all of a
sudden, then 0.3.5.x is the one you should standardize on: it is an
LTS release, and we plan to support it until at least Feb 2022.  The
other LTS release, 0.2.9.x, is only going to be supported until Jan
2020.

And as for 0.3.3.x?  It becomes unsupported on Feb 22 of this year.  I
hope this is not a surprise!  If it was, please see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases
to learn more about our release policy and plans.

All best wishes to you, and all my thanks in this new year for helping
people get the privacy they need.

Sincerely,
--
Nick Mathewson