[tor-packagers] Vanguards v0.3.1 is released (+Blog announcement soon)

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Wed Apr 10 23:13:21 UTC 2019

Vanguards v0.3.1 is tagged on github at
https://github.com/mikeperry-tor/vanguards. The tag is signed with the
gpg key that signed this mail, and all of my other mails.

Version 0.3.1 fixes a serious issue where sending a SIGHUP to Tor
caused Vanguards to get disabled. Additionally, some false positive WARN
messages were demoted to INFO and NOTICE, and given appropriate Tor bug
numbers in those logs. Here is the changelog for 0.3.1:
  - Workaround for dropped cell WARNS due to Tor bugs #29699, #29700,
    #29786, and #29927. These cases are now logged at INFO/NOTICE, with
    specific Tor bug number for each case. #37
  - Re-apply vanguard config params upon SIGHUP. #40.

The addon requires Tor 0.3.3.x or above, and Tor 0.3.5.x is preferred.
Please set dependencies and repository placement accordingly.

The preferred interpreter for vanguards is pypy, with stem v1.7.0 or
above.

Please let me know if vanguards is available for repositories for your
distribution, or in ppa's or alternate sources. I plan to make a release
announcement on the Tor Blog and Twitter account soon, and I would like
to provide install instructions for your favorite distribution(s).

--
Mike Perry