[tor-packagers] Tor 0.3.5.1-alpha is released

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Tue Sep 18 11:44:04 UTC 2018

Hi, packagers!

There's an alpha release for our new stable series.  You can see the
changelog at

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?h=tor-0.3.5.1-alpha

And you can find the source code, as usual, at https://dist.torproject.org/

When you go to check the signature, gpg might tell you that my subkeys
are expired.  If that happens, you'll need to refresh the key from a
public keyserver, or fetch it from
https://people.torproject.org/~nickm/public_key.asc .  The key and
subkeys haven't changed -- only the expiration date has.

There are some configuration changes in this version of Tor.  Make
sure that you at least skim the "major features" section of the
changelog for more information.

Our plan is for Tor 0.3.5.x to be another long-term-supported release,
with support until 2022.  For more information on our support policies
and calendar, see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases

best wishes, and thanks for helping bring Tor to the world,
--
Nick