[tor-packagers] Two new releases: 0.3.3.8 and 0.3.4.4-rc

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Mon Jul 9 19:12:43 UTC 2018

Hi!  Two new releases are out: 0.3.3.8 (stable) and 0.3.4.4-rc (a
release candidate).

You can get them both, along with their signatures, at
https://dist.torproject.org/ .  Official announcements will follow
after the website has updated.

You can find the changelogs at:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?id=99f9816efa08ab83f90a307ea41844d693488fde

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/ChangeLog?id=ab57cf6493f502abf7cc10bb800c0d01925bc0fc

Other notes:

 * 0.3.1.x is no longer supported.  If this comes as a surprise,
please have a look at
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases
, where we try to predict this kind of thing in advance.

 * 0.3.4.x is almost ready for release (as you can tell from its
release-candidate status).  Please make sure that you can build and
package it, even if you don't usually distribute alphas: the time to
find and fix problems is *now*.

 * We've decided that the next long-term support (LTS) release will be
0.3.5.x.  If you need to distribute a tor version that will stay
patched for a few years, that's the one for you (once it's stable).

cheers, and best wishes,
--
Nick