[tor-packagers] Upcoming Tor security releases affecting 0.2.9, 0.3.1, 0.3.2, 0.3.3.

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Wed Feb 21 15:20:10 UTC 2018

Hi!

[Sorry for the cross-posting!]

This coming week, we'll be putting out new stable releases for 0.2.9
and later supported branches to fix a few security bugs.  The
highest-severity bug to be fixed is severity "medium".  (See
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/SecurityPolicy
for information about how we rank security issues.)

These releases will also backport the anti-DoS features from Tor 0.3.3.

Relays and authorities should be sure to upgrade once packages are
available; these issues are not high-priority for clients.

best wishes,
--
Nick