[tor-packagers] dead links on packages wiki page

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon Aug 27 20:08:53 UTC 2018

 > I propose to give up on http://brewformulas.org and updated the wiki
> to use https://formulae.brew.sh instead.

Thanks Traumschule, agreed. brew.sh is the official homebrew site so
better to link against them anyway. I only picked brewformulas because
that's what someone pointed me toward (I don't use Macs, so I had no
opinion on this). If it was just a transient site error I'd say 'lets
wait it out' but brew.sh is the better option regardless of if
brewformula was up or not.

I'll need to adjust our 'is the package wiki up to date?' daemon [1]
along with the wiki. Added it to my todo list.

> I was tricked by HTTPS Everywhere blocking all non-HTTPS traffic,
> thatswhy I pasted the failing https link in the mail.

Gotcha. Originally I was gonna mention HTTPS Everywhere might be at
issue, but I use it too. Odd - thought the url rewrite regexes we use
would be the same.

Cheers! -Damian

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/doctor.git/tree/package_versions.py