[tor-packagers] Vanguards v0.2.1 is available for packaging

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Mon Aug 13 22:02:54 UTC 2018

Mike Perry:
> Vanguards v0.2.1 is tagged on github at
> https://github.com/mikeperry-tor/vanguards. The tag is signed with the
> gpg key that signed this mail, and all of my other mails.
>
> I want to write a Tor blog post announcing this new version, but I want
> to mention distribution packages in that blog post, since that was a FAQ
> in the comments of the initial blogpost. If you are packaging this
> addon, please let me know which repositories it will appear at, and give
> me a link to instructions for how users can add or enable them on their
> systems.

Arg I forgot to mention that vanguards requires Tor 0.3.3.x or above,
but 0.3.4.x+ is recommended.

So please figure this into your plans for which repositories to place it
in. It doesn't make sense to put it in an official repo if your
distribution won't pick up Tor 0.3.3.x (and ideally Tor 0.3.4.x) in that
repo anytime soon.

--
Mike Perry