[tor-onions] Retrieving a list of connections to own hidden service

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:34:17 UTC 2020

> The use of different [address], dedicated only for incoming tor,
> is some workaround, but it has the obvious downside that if somebody
> manages to reach it and connect outside of tor, then the target
> application will perceive it as an incoming tor connection.

Hi Vasil!

The rest of the document, at length, describes how to prevent someone
reaching it and connecting from outside the machine which is running Tor.

Unix sockets are also a very good solution.  I use them in EOTK, for that
reason, and also because it reduces the risk of a port-exhaustion attack.

- alec

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm