[tor-onions] Help

Wilton Gorske wilton at riseup.net
Sat Dec 19 16:53:26 UTC 2020

Ciao Dio,

There are many reasons you probably don't want to do this
[https://support.torproject.org/], but if you'd like an easy option to
connect to a wireless network that routes all traffic over the Tor
network, I'd buy a Raspberry Pi [https://www.raspberrypi.org/] and give
this tutorial a go: https://howtoraspberrypi.com/router-tor-raspberry-pi/

This way, should you need to use the clearnet, you can connect to your
normal WiFi network rather than this new Tor one. There are many
instructions like this that you can find on DuckDuckGo. Just search 'tor
raspberry pi router' or something similar.

Again, your best bet to stay truly anonymous while being online is using
the default configuration of The Tor Browser
[https://www.torproject.org/download/]. It is very easy to de-anonymize
other applications that are routed over the Tor network, but the Tor
network can help you access the wider clearnet, of course, if you are
being censored. If that's the case, be advised the Tor connection will
be much slower; you may want to look into a VPN instead.

Happy holidays!

Stay safe, wear a mask,
Wilton

Dio Cane: