[tor-onions] Multiple onions services. One url.

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Jun 11 10:57:15 UTC 2019

"Jason S. Evans" <jsevans at emailme.cz> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering, what happens one someone creates an onion service with one hostname and private key at two or more locations? Does the Tor network have a way of ignoring the all but one, or is there some form of chaos as to where traffic actually goes?

I hope there is no chaos.

Also, I think you need to get a bit more low-level on this question,
what does "at two or more locations" mean? The private key of the onion
service specifies which descriptor clients will be fetching, if all
clients fetch the same descriptors then what is a "location" anyway?