[tor-onions] TBB 8 alt-svc and redirecting alt-svc'd users to navigate via the .onion

Mike Tigas mike.tigas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:27:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:22 PM Alec Muffett <alec.muffett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike, have you observed the behavior I have seen, of it taking several refreshes for the onion to start being actually used, and in fact occasionally reverting back to clearweb for some fetches?

I didn't, but my testing was relatively limited (and my little
discovery meant that only the first request was ever going to the
clearnet site anyway, before the browser agent was fully redirected
over to the onion, in the address bar and everything).

Did have the web developer panel open and had set Disable Caches — was
having some issues before that, which I think were _maybe_ because of
some client-facing Cache-Control headers that I'd set.