[tor-onions] Debugging an ubuntu / apache2 / tor / ssl setup

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:58:27 UTC 2018

Possibly irrelevant aside: much as I love the theory of torsocks (and am in
a former life a big fan of LD_PRELOAD) - I latterly have given up on it and
swapped entirely to 'curl -x' and variations upon 'nc' to perform onion
testing; I just got fed up with version incompatibilities between the
libraries and the command line. Torsocks sadly very much feels like a
second class citizen product with respect to the rest of the Tor ecosystem.

There's examples of what I do instead, in:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-onions/2018-September/000311.html

-a