[tor-onions] Debugging an ubuntu / apache2 / tor / ssl setup

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 14:46:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 16:04:49 +0000, Peter brooks wrote:
> Well, any loopback address will do, and I don???t want to have multiple listeners on 127.0.0.1.

I know that that works (but I tend to use it when I need multiple listeners
on the same port, for simulating networks on one host).

And it was the only obvious potential misconfiguration.

Other than that it happens that a client tor instance just can't reach
a given hidden service. You might try to access from another computer
via tor browser / a tor browser on your computer (which probably brings
its own client tor instance).

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."