[tor-onions] HS/Relay Multitenancy

Gareth Llewellyn gareth at brasshorncommunications.uk
Thu Jun 7 08:13:35 UTC 2018

On June 6, 2018 4:51 PM, Tom Ritter <tom at ritter.vg> wrote:

> Do 2 and 3 matter? Are their concerns with running a relay and HS on
>
> the same tor instance if you aren't concerned with denonymizing your
>
> HS location?

It was posited that running a HS and a relay from the same IP and/or daemon may result in a performance penalty for one or the other due to the rate limiting work that is being done.

This is not something I've experienced due to the role separation / IP binding but I have not read enough about the rate limiting work to make an educated evaluation as to what the impact could be.