[tor-onions] DDoS, Single Onion Services and IP Addresses

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:08:28 UTC 2018

The current limit is 2 connections per IP address.
This affects single onion services, because they don't use guards.

Can you please make sure that you only have one or two Single Onion
Services on each outbound IP address?

I think the NYT is okay (separate IPs?) but if I understand this right,
this is going to hamper EOTK development, since I have ~ 12 worker onions
spread over 6 quad-core machines, and then publish up to 10 additional
"service" addresses via OnionBalance ... all behind my single DSL NAT
firewall that protects them from inbound traffic.

Hmmm...

- a