[tor-onions] no connection to tor hidden services on arduino yun/openwrt

Markus m at euse.de
Fri Feb 17 20:54:18 UTC 2017

hi,

Am 17.02.2017 um 07:47 schrieb teor:

>> On 16 Feb 2017, at 13:49, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i waited over one hour for tor to broadcast its new services. but not
>>> even just the hello-world-page is
>>> popping up in my clients tor browser. didnt even try to connect to ssl yet.
>>>
>>> checked server config, curl 127.0.0.1:8080 is returning hello-world,
>>> checked tor config and files over and over.
>>> the tor browser on the client is working.
>>> no idea what else to try.

>> Some 4G carriers drop long-lived connections.
>
> From your debug log, it looks like your provider is dropping long-lived
> connections:
>
> TLS error: unexpected close while reading (SSL_ST_OK)
> tor_tls_read(): read returned r=0, err=-8
> connection_read_to_buf(): TLS connection closed on read. Closing. (Nickname REDACTED_GUARD_FP, address REDACTED_GUARD_IP)
>
> When then causes the hidden service to discard its intro points:
>
> rend_services_introduce(): Giving up on [scrubbed] as intro point for [scrubbed].
>
> Which means that the published descriptor is uploaded, but quickly
> becomes invalid:
>
> upload_service_descriptor(): Successfully uploaded v2 rend descriptors!
>
> connection_dir_client_reached_eof(): Received response from directory server 'REDACTED_HSDIR_IP': 200 "Service descriptor (v2) stored"
> Feb 16 22:18:17.485 [info] connection_dir_client_reached_eof(): Uploaded rendezvous descriptor (status 200 ("Service descriptor (v2) stored"))
>
> Recent versions of tor handle this much better.

if i'm getting your sub-text right: i have to get into compiling and
check again with a more recent tor-version.
ok, i will try.
but that will take me some time. as i have to learn how to work with
openwrt's build-system.
in any case i will report back as soon as i get my openwrt running an
up2date tor version.
then we can also see if other issues interfere.
best and many thanks so far,
markus