[tor-onions] no connection to tor hidden services on arduino yun/openwrt

Markus m at euse.de
Thu Feb 16 23:09:47 UTC 2017

Am 16.02.2017 um 23:46 schrieb Ivan Markin:

>> i think yes according to the hidden service log saying:
>> "Feb 16 09:14:44.128 [notice] Tor has successfully opened a circuit.
>> Looks like client functionality is working.
>> Feb 16 09:14:44.149 [notice] Bootstrapped 100%: Done."
>
> Despite connection has been created I still suspect that there is a
> problem with the system clock. (Arduino doesn't have RTC, does it?) So
> even if your client got consensus in the hour window, slightly shifted
> clock may break hidden service logic. Check the time via `date -u`.

root at dragino:~# date -u
Thu Feb 16 22:51:29 UTC 2017

looks like a correct time stamp to me.
its a arduino yun, it has NO rtc, but:
http://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/899/arduino-yun-does-it-have-a-rtc

> Also, can check the logs for events about onion service descriptor
> publishing progress? (Should be on `info` level AFAICT)

this same mail with debug.log in attached zip (700k) is awaiting
moderation. until then please read the mail without the attachment.

> P.S. Does access to another (valid) onion sevice work from Arduino as a
> client?

yes, it works:
root at dragino:~# curl -v --socks5-hostname localhost:9050
http://xmh57jrzrnw6insl.onion/
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: xmh57jrzrnw6insl.onion
> Accept: */*