[tor-onions] no connection to tor hidden services on arduino yun/openwrt

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Thu Feb 16 22:46:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 09:57:36AM +0100, Markus wrote:
> >> connecting from the node to the internet is no problem.

> >> i waited over one hour for tor to broadcast its new services. but not
> >> even just the hello-world-page is
> >> popping up in my clients tor browser. didnt even try to connect to ssl yet.

> >> checked server config, curl 127.0.0.1:8080 is returning hello-world,
> >> checked tor config and files over and over.
> >> the tor browser on the client is working.
> >> no idea what else to try.
> i think yes according to the hidden service log saying:
> "Feb 16 09:14:44.128 [notice] Tor has successfully opened a circuit.
> Looks like client functionality is working.
> Feb 16 09:14:44.149 [notice] Bootstrapped 100%: Done."

Despite connection has been created I still suspect that there is a
problem with the system clock. (Arduino doesn't have RTC, does it?) So
even if your client got consensus in the hour window, slightly shifted
clock may break hidden service logic. Check the time via `date -u`.

Also, can check the logs for events about onion service descriptor
publishing progress? (Should be on `info` level AFAICT)

P.S. Does access to another (valid) onion sevice work from Arduino as a
client?

--
Ivan Markin