[tor-onions] no connection to tor hidden services on arduino yun/openwrt

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:06:10 UTC 2017

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 19:57, Markus <m at euse.de> wrote:
>

>> What version of tor are you running?
>
> root at dragino:~# /etc/init.d/tor restart
> Feb 16 08:14:52.049 [notice] Tor v0.2.2.39 (git-bec76476efb71549). This
> is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
> (Running on Linux mips)

Tor 0.2.2.39 is very old: it has many known severe security issues.

I am surprised it believes enough directory authorities to bootstrap:
it could stop working at any time.

It uses older protocols: I think they are all still supported, but they
might not work very well on the current network.
(You can't run a relay on versions that old, but clients might work.)

> cannot find a newer package for openwrt/yun

It might be worth compiling one yourself.

>> It would be very helpful to have the hidden service logs
>
> couldn't find any.
> had to activate logs in torrc.
> now here we go:
> https://pad.riseup.net/p/oigEOGIBVKYXJFNGAORI

It looks like the hidden service isn't posting a descriptor.
Can you please send the info-level logs from the hidden service?

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org