[tor-onions] ucspi-onion

Taylor R Campbell campbell+tor-onions at mumble.net
Mon Feb 6 04:30:07 UTC 2017

I wrote a little ucspi-onion program, along the lines of ucspi-tcp and
friends, to configure an onion service and serve it with any program
that follows the UCSPI.

Hg repository:  https://mumble.net/~campbell/hg/ucspi-onion/

(The UCSPI is the `Unix client-server program interface', created for
various djb tools: <https://cr.yp.to/proto/ucspi.txt>.  It can also
usually run any connection-oriented programs designed for inetd.)

This can be combined with programs following the UCSPI, such as
publicfile, to dynamically configure onions slightly more easily than
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/Publicfile>.  This
also avoids the TCP/IP stack altogether so that you can use Unix file
system permissions to control access and limit leaks.

This was an evening hack which I have not used in anger yet.  If you
feel inclined to try it and find it useful or encounter problems with
it, I would be curious to hear.  (I don't have a securedrop set up for
you to post anonymous feedback, though, sorry!)