[tor-onions] Onion Enterprise Toolkit - ALPHA

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:37:43 UTC 2017

On 3 February 2017 at 15:49, George Kadianakis <desnacked at riseup.net> wrote:

> Cool stuff Alec :) I have no OSX boxes around here so I can't get past
> 000-setup-osx.sh unfortunately.

I hope to have a Ubuntu equivalent in a few days, and you can then riff on
that.

BTW, is this tool designed to be useful mainly for "enterprise"
> installations, or is it also useful to casual cases like "I just want a
> quick HTTP HS, no DNS names or SSL or anything".

This is designed as a "I have a HTTP/S website and I would like it to be in
Onionspace, too" tool, and I intend it to enable people to achieve that
goal to a reasonable extent in less than 5 minutes.

If you're looking for a "How to set up a HS website with good security on
Ubuntu/ish systems", I would direct your attention to another publication:

https://github.com/alecmuffett/the-onion-diaries/blob/master/basic-production-onion-server.md

...which is a manual process for building one such.

Why manual? Because if it was a docker container or an apt-package, people
would not learn that this is actually pretty easy to do.

I have no objection to docker/apt, but I would dearly like more people to
(swapping metaphors) learn how to cook onions rather than merely how to
reheat microwavable onion-rings.

    -a

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm