[tor-onions] Renaming Rendezvous Single Onion Services

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:14:16 UTC 2016

> On 9 Mar 2016, at 05:33, Ann O'Nymous <ann.onymous at vfemail.net> wrote:
>
> Tim Wilson-Brown - teor:
>> Hi Kate,
>>
>> Aaron and others currently favour "open onion services".
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I remain persuaded by Paul Syverson's arguments for using names that
> reflect design. Design is unambiguous and reliably accurate, unless
> there have been substantive coding or merging errors. Conversely,
> functionality, usage and applicability by threat model are all
> ephemeral. Bugs and unforseen vulnerabilities can make such names
> inaccurate and misleading, or even ironic.

So what name(s) would you or Paul suggest based on the design in #17178 (otherwise known as Rendezvous Single Onion Services)?
I've tried to find out, but it's lost somewhere in the backlog.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F