[tor-onions] domain socket as HiddenServicePort target -- permissions!?

Johannes tor-l1sts at ko-sys.com
Thu Jun 16 16:59:33 UTC 2016

Ivan, David, thanks a lot! It works now.

I've created more tests and wrote a huge, detailed, now deleted mail,
but in the end it was this hint that brought me to the right track:

On 06/16/2016 05:07 PM, Ivan Markin wrote:
> Yeah, now I recall that on some systems with AppArmor/SELinux or on
> OpenBSD tor as other daemons has restictions applied on the paths
> accessible for them.

I use the tor project's debian package on the dev machine and it has
some AppArmor profiles. After simply adding

/srv/hstest/hstest.socket rw,

to the file /etc/apparmor.d/local/system_tor and reloading AppArmor it
works.

Relieved,
Johannes