[tor-onions] domain socket as HiddenServicePort target -- permissions!?

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Thu Jun 16 15:07:02 UTC 2016

Yeah, now I recall that on some systems with AppArmor/SELinux or on
OpenBSD tor as other daemons has restictions applied on the paths
accessible for them. Try to put your unix socket into tor's
DataDirectory. At least it works for me on OpenBSD.

David Goulet:
> I use extensively Unix socket for HS so I can tell you it works but the
> permissions are can be tricky.

I'm also using Unix sockets a lot and can say that 'rw-' is enough for
plain Linux. In other case note above.

--
Ivan Markin