[tor-onions] Gitlab as a HS

spriver spriver at autistici.org
Sun Jan 31 17:45:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

yesterday I tried to setup Gitlab Community Edition as a hidden service.
Nearly almost worked until I tested the functionality of pushing back
into the online repo - gitlab's shell told me first this error:

Failed to connect to internal API <POST
http://http://gitlab.agsdcxdr6z2wbjf5.onion/api/v3/internal/allowed>:
#<SocketError: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known>

So i configured my server to relay .onion addresses to the Tor DNS port.
But after that I'm getting the following error:

[2016-01-31T17:24:43.071616 #1219]  WARN -- : Failed to connect to
internal API <POST
http://gitlab.agsdcxdr6z2wbjf5.onion/api/v3/internal/allowed>:
#<Errno::EINVAL: Invalid argument - connect(2) for
"gitlab.agsdcxdr6z2wbjf5.onion" port 80>

I'm out of ideas for now, does anybody has a clue what can be done now
to resolve this?

Cheers!
spriver