[tor-onions] Automatic "Onionification" of existing websites

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) - lists lists at infosecurity.ch
Sun Jan 31 10:17:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

i've been considering that nowLetsencrypt let you automate setup of TLS
certificate, for existing websites that does not have HTTPS.

What's about thinking about "automations" and "improvement to existing
webserver software" to facilitate the automatic "Onionification" of
existing websites?

>From a "sysadmin point of view" it would be a cool thing, if it's
somehow easy and automated to do.

It shall be a mod_tor of apache2 or something similar.

I'm just firing the discussion, but if we want thousands of onion sites,
then we need to facilitate the deployment on the existing configured
websites, without requiring a sysadmin to do a lot of hackish stuff.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights