[tor-onions] Renaming Rendezvous Single Onion Services

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:12:34 UTC 2016

> On 25 Feb 2016, at 16:10, Ann O'Nymous <ann.onymous at vfemail.net> wrote:
>
>> We discussed requiring a separate build for Single Onion Services, and
>> initially rejected it in favour of a long option name containing "NonAnonymous".
>
> Why did you reject separate builds? The use case for Single-Onion
> Services is very different from traditional Double-Onion Services. And
> potential consequences for accidentally using Single-Onion Services are
> huge. Accidents happen. Stupidity happens. Perhaps someone is learning
> and testing, and then goes to production with the wrong torrc. Or they
> hire someone to code, and there is miscommunication. I agree with Fabio.
> Requiring a custom build with a --very-hard-to-ignore-warning flag is
> far stronger protection.

We initially decided it wasn't necessary.
But now it seems like a good way to address Nick's concerns.
I'll talk to him about it when I see him over the next few days.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F