[tor-onions] Renaming Rendezvous Single Onion Services

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 09:12:11 UTC 2016

If RSOS becomes "Single Hop Onion Services" then to answer the obvious
followup questions:

* Hidden Services should become ''Full Onion Services" or "Multi-Hop Onion
Services"

* The existing draft for SOS / "Single-Onion Services" would perhaps be
"Direct Onion Services"

Of course all deference to Paul, Roger & Nick,  who are perhaps thinking of
the number of layers of crypto in each onion, but all the discussion I ever
have regards this matter seems to pivot entirely on "the number of hops" as
a graspable concept, and the "Onion Services" reflects the server-nature of
the configuration.

    -a

On 23 Feb 2016 9:03 a.m., "Alec Muffett" <alec.muffett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Single* Hop Onion Services (*singleness not guaranteed)
>
> In general: stay away from qualitative or policy-based like
hidden/public/secret/private, they only cause a problem later.