[tor-mirrors] Usefullness of providing TOR mirrors?

Stephen Loeckle sloeckle at lucidnetworks.net
Tue Oct 16 20:29:40 UTC 2018

I don't either especially if the owners don't maintain the list in a timely manner. I requested my mirror be removed and it's still in the list and says Up to date despite having shut this down weeks ago.

On 10/16/18, 3:26 PM, "tor-mirrors on behalf of Dave Warren" <tor-mirrors-bounces at lists.torproject.org on behalf of dw at thedave.ca> wrote:

    On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, at 00:19, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

    > I'm one of the mirror admins for ftp.acc.umu.se.

    I run a mirror, but have no formal involvement with Tor beyond that as a casual user. To me, the only real value is that users in countries with limited access to Tor's main URLs have the opportunity to access a copy of Tor hosted elsewhere.

    I don't believe bandwidth or other resources are well spent on the mirror infrastructure at this time, at least based on the limited logging I have available.