[tor-mirrors] Usefullness of providing TOR mirrors?

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Tue Oct 16 20:26:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, at 00:19, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> I'm one of the mirror admins for ftp.acc.umu.se.

I run a mirror, but have no formal involvement with Tor beyond that as a casual user. To me, the only real value is that users in countries with limited access to Tor's main URLs have the opportunity to access a copy of Tor hosted elsewhere.

I don't believe bandwidth or other resources are well spent on the mirror infrastructure at this time, at least based on the limited logging I have available.