[tor-mirrors] Mirror of bridges.torproject.org

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:23:03 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 10:19:00PM +0000, Vasilis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The network that I'm using is blocking access to bridges.torproject.org thus I
> cannot access the bridges website.
>
> Looking for another mirror didn't yield any result and using search engines
> caches didn't work either (got weird HTTP errors). I know that you can send an
> email and receive an email response back with a list of bridges but you need to
> send and email and from a specific email address.
>
> I suppose many people (as I would) will find a bridges website very useful and I
> was thinking to run a mirror of bridges.torproject.org .
> Given that this is acceptable what are the requirements for creating and
> managing a bridges.torproject.org mirror?
> Are there any instructions for setting up such a mirror?

Hi Vasilis,

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. The BridgeDB architecture
is not designed in a way that allows for somethign like this. Hopefully,
when the new Anti-Censorship team is created and starts working on this,
they can find a way that allows for something like this.

In the mean time, retrieving new bridges using Tor Browser's Moat
feature is the easiest alternative ("Request a bridge from
torproject.org").

- Matt