[tor-mirrors] Question regarding mirroring

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Thu Jun 7 21:34:11 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-05 14:27, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Quick question!
> Can I just mirror the "files" and skip the "web" part?
>

> I want to only mirror this, if it is possible:
>
> rsync -aq --delete rsync://rsync.torproject.org/dist-mirror/
> /var/www/mirrors/torproject.org/dist / Jonathan

There's no technical reason you couldn't implement this, the rsync for
the site and files are unique.

I don't know if you'd still get listed as an official mirror, but I
actually don't see why not.

On the other hand, the torproject.org web site is moderately tiny
compared to the dist directory, so I'm idly curious why? (Just to
understand what people are doing).