[tor-mirrors] New mirror setup - https://tor.secure.voyage

Tyler Johnson tylrcjhnsn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 19:20:39 UTC 2017

Hello!

I'm in the process of setting up a new mirror for torproject.org and
am looking for any advice or best practices from seasoned mirror
administrators.

I've rsync'd both the website-mirror and dist-mirror directories, and
have set a cron job to update hourly.

I'm running the site on OpenBSD, using their included httpd webserver.
It doesn't utilize the .htaccess file, so I've run into the same
problems with the proper re-direction for the various donate links.
I've added a few location blocks to hopefully catch all use cases
(which seems to be working), but if I'm missing anything please let me
know...

location "/donate/donor-faq.*" {
                block return 302 "https://donate.torproject.org/donor-faq.html"
}
location "/donate/donor-privacy-policy.*" {
                block return 302
"https://donate.torproject.org/privacy-policy.html"
}
location "/donate/donate*" {
                block return 302 "https://donate.torproject.org"
}

The hardware of the machine itself is as follows:

CPU:Intel Xeon E3-1230 3.20GHz
RAM:16GB
Hard Drive(s):2x 1TB
Bandwidth:100TB @ 1Gbps
IP Address:23.82.46.170

I really appreciate all the work the Tor Project has accomplished in
the ongoing fight for online privacy, and just want to contribute in
any small way that I can!

Regards,

Tyler