[tor-mirrors] Mirroring changed, new mirror instructions online

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Oct 20 11:38:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 01:05:26PM +0200, Odd Benestad d.y wrote:
> I've changed the crontab settings, but MultiNet in Norway is no
> longer listed as a mirror. Is this due to the changes made, and if
> so will we automatically reappear on the list ?
>
> Looking forward to some answers.

Yes. The mirror page:
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/mirrors
lists all the mirrors that didn't give a 404 in response to a
request for their dist/ directory, as of last night when I ran it.

I've just re-run the script to check which mirrors are functional,
and pushed the results to the website; they should go live shortly.

And for the future, we should automate running this script, e.g. daily:

--Roger